December 02, 2013
GreatPhillySchools Week: December 2 – 6, 2013
The week of Dec. 2-6 has been chosen as “GreatPhillySchools Week.” During this week, the Philadelphia School Partnership will be coordinating a number of activities to increase awareness of the free GreatPhillySchools parent-information resource (including new Spanish-language resources), the Dec. 6 high school application deadline for many of the city’s high schools, and the availability of the new “common applications.” The following details the planned activities, which include several potential press exposures.
Planned activities and announcements include:
- The distribution of print guides and the all-new Spanish resource guide: Street teams will distribute guides – with copies of the common application included — outside of middle school(s) on Dec. 3 and/or Dec. 4. Note: the Mayor has been invited to participate in this event.
- In-person training on the GreatPhillySchools website: Families will learn to use the site at a select Keyspot(s) at a library or recreation center on Dec. 3 and/or Dec. 4.
- Launch of new features and Spanish language website: Press release will be distributed on Dec. 3 with a corresponding media briefing.
- A bus tour of “great Philly schools” for families on Dec. 2: Families organized by community organizations and shelters (Squash Smarts, Family Forward and Salvation Army) will tour two high-performing high schools (Multicultural Charter Academy is confirmed, 2nd school TBD). Reporters will be invited to join the tours and speak with parents.
- Launch of new ratings: Lists of “top 10 schools” by neighborhood will be provided to neighborhood/community papers (ongoing beyond GPS Week)
- Social media campaign: GreatPhillySchools will launch a “show us your great school” campaign on YouTube and Instagram, encouraging students to share photos of what makes their school great (ongoing beyond GPS Week)
For more information contact: Kristen Forbriger, Communications & Public Affairs Manager, Philadelphia School Partnership, email@example.com, 610-585-4819