How to Start a Charter School Workshop Set for March 21
January 16, 2017
The only workshop in the state designed to assist persons interested in starting a charters school in Pennsylvania is scheduled from 10:00 am to 3:00 pm on Tuesday, March 21 at the PA Rural Electric Cooperative Conference Center in Harrisburg.
This one-day, once-a-year event organized by the Pennsylvania Coalition of Public Charter Schools, will bring together some of the most experienced and accomplished experts in the state on the topics of charter school law, finance, curriculum development, and the authorizing process. Also attending will be experienced and successful charter school operators who have negotiated the difficult and convoluted authorization and start-up process and are willing to share their knowledge and insights.
Topics covered will include:
- What you need to accomplish from concept to application
- The changing political landscape
- The challenge of start-up financing
- Ethics and accountability requirements
- Working with your authorizing school board
- The approval and, if necessary, the appeals process
- Getting started after you have the charter – running a successful school
At least equal in value to the knowledge and insight participants will gain from the speakers are the contacts they will make with experienced charter school operators and area specialists, as well as other attendees who are going through the same process and overcoming the same challenges.
Cost of the Workshop is $100 per person and reservations can be made through Stephanie Tucker at email@example.com.
Registrants will receive more detailed information on logistics and a detailed agenda.