In May 2022, PCPCS launched the Parent Advisory Committee and put out a call for parents. The mission of the Parent Advisory Committee is to advise the Coalition as it develops and implements a strategic plan for the Coalition’s objectives now and into the future.
“Parents are the first educators of our children. They provide love, guidance, support, and so much more for our children. They advocate for what’s best for their children and have deep insights into the needs of students, families, schools, and communities. Their intel, time, and expertise will have a profound impact on supporting public charter schools across the State of Pennsylvania.” – Dr. Anne Clark, CEO, Pennsylvania Coalition of Public Charter Schools
If you or someone you know is interested in applying for the Parent Advisory Committee, go here!
For full press release on this new initiative, go here.
Stand with Us! Parent Email to the General Assembly June 2, 2022 here.
Responsibilities of Committee:
- The Parent Advisory Committee Provide a communication link between the Coalition and the charter community.
- The Parent Advisory Committee will help identify the concerns of students, parents, and community members and assist in developing solutions.
- The Parent Advisory Committee will assist the Coalition by providing input on the educational priorities of the charter school community and provide the Coalition with parents’ views and feedback about school programs, policies, plans and activities.
- The Parent Advisory Committee offer advice on a variety of school issues (school climate, social-emotional learning, Title I, special education, ELL, attendance, extracurricular activities, etc.).
- The Parent Advisory Committee will promote and encourage parent and community participation in the charter school community.
- The Parent Advisory Committee will advocate on behalf of charter school parents and students.
Criteria for Committee Membership:
- Grade-level representation (elementary, middle, and high school).
- Geographic representation (urban, suburban, rural).
- Programming representation (cyber, brick and mortar, dual language, performing arts, etc.).
- Background and experience as they relate to the mission and responsibilities of the Parent Advisory Committee.
- Ability to commit the appropriate amount of time to the work of the group (1-2hours per month).
- Desire to lead sub-committees of parents on special topics.
- Availability to meet with the Coalition’s Leadership Team approximately once every 6 weeks during the school day.
Our Distinguished Parent Cohort Two:
Jessica Martin, Renaissance Academy Charter School
Vashti Bledsoe, Boys Latin High School
Amber Clark, Arts Academy Charter Elementary School
Alyssa Johnson, Nittany Valley Charter
Sharron Boddy-Adedipe, City High Charter School
Justine Marie Zaccaria, CCA
Karin Fortwangler, Renaissance Academy Charter School
Robin Cornelius, Pennsylvania Cyber Charter School
Jolene Tavaglione, Bear Creek Community Charter School
James Davenport, Bear Creek Community Charter School
Kathryn Denise, Renaissance Academy Charter School
Our Distinguished First Cohort:
- Jenna Hannum
- Christine Rock
- Kristen Valenti
- Maryclaire Foundakos
- Megan Beatty
- Nicole Anderson
- Nicole Bubenheim
- Lisa Kennedy
- Lauren Silinski
- Lynn Griffith
- Tracey D. Duncan
- Chelsey Gerrich
- Crystal L. Long
Have any questions?
If you have any questions, please contact Dr. Anne Clark, PCPCS CEO, at firstname.lastname@example.org.